Amateur Photographer

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thoughts

Today, I decided to post a written blog instead of a picture.

It has taken me my whole life to come to the conclusion I have come to today. I've always understood that each of us is on a personal journey, and that some move ahead in their journeys faster than others. However, I've never quite understood how and why some people come into each others lives and appear to be on the same path, walking by our side, lending and receiving support from one another, only to have one of them veer off into the woods down an unmarked path of personal destruction. One would think when people find each other, find friendship in one another, find support in one another, find love in one another, share laughter, insight, love and dreams with one another - they would want to continue to share that with one another. In a world of daily destruction in so many ways, one would think when happiness comes your way, you would grasp on and take the ride for all it is worth. And yet, many, many people continue to find happiness - enjoy it for a while, and then veer off the unmarked path again, allowing their new found happiness to dissipate into thin air and reverting back to old habits that never move them ahead. It's the old, "one step forward, two steps back" routine. I realize that we are the only ones who are ever true to ourselves. I realize that if we are not happy in our own being, then no one will ever make us happy and we can't make others happy. I live my life surrounding myself with positive thoughts, energy and people. I can truly say that I am happy with me, that I love me and that I support me and that I see, feel and count my blessings daily. From the smallest of personal treasures to the fact that I can still pay my mortgage to knowing I have health and love in my life, my blessings are abundant. It saddens me to think that there are so many people out there who can't say this. Who live their lives stuck in the shadows, wanting desperately to get out into the light, but keep closing the shades every time someone tries to open a window for them. What I've learned today, is that each of us comes into the light in our own season when we are ready to bloom. My prayer today is for those who never bloomed. For those of you who choose to read this, remember to count your blessings. You have so much in which to be grateful. No matter what is happening in your life, YOU have the power to make all decisions for your happiness and which path to take.

No comments: